OUR COMPANY HISTORY
The Bob Hook tradition of quality, service and value began over 70 years ago in 1946, when Bob Hook Sr., a WWII Army Air Corps B17 pilot, returned to Louisville and began his career in the automobile industry at V.V. Cooke Chevrolet.
In 1953, he bought Highland Chevrolet on Bardstown Road at the Douglas Boulevard Loop. The business flourished, and in 1958 Bob Hook Chevrolet moved to the corner of Bardstown Road and Taylorsville Road. To make room for the company's expansion, a final move was made in 1968 to our current location in the heart of Buechel.
Bob Hook Jr. began his career at Bob Hook Chevrolet as a teenager, and became president of the company in 1983. In recent years, our growth has included an expanded service and collision center, a new parts warehouse, and commercial vehicle department. Bob Jr. is joined by his three kids, Bob III, Lauren, and David in the family business, which has grown to over 100 employees. Today, over 125,000 new and used cars and trucks later, we continue the "family tradition" of service excellence.